The affiliate marketing landscape is evolving at a rapid pace. Publishers are constantly innovating and developing new ways to promote advertisers and their products and on the flip side, advertisers need to find ways to reach new and existing customers as the path to purchase becomes increasingly complex.
Here at Rakuten Marketing, we’ve continued to invest in our technology to develop new product releases and enhancements to existing tools to help our advertisers and publishers to reach and engage consumers.
Below are the top tools we recommend advertisers and publishers get to grips with:
Tools for Advertisers
Cadence, our proprietary attribution and insights tool is now available to all Rakuten Marketing clients at no additional cost. Advertisers can now gain greater transparency and uncover actionable insights to drive better performance against the entire consumer journey.
Multiple Products Feeds
Our new multiple product feed feature simplifies advertiser feed distribution and aims to improve affiliate success for both partners.
Our latest enhancement allows users to continue to upload files utilising the same process as existing merchandiser feed files while expanding an advertiser’s ability to:
- Upload feeds in different languages and currencies, helping both advertisers and publishers increase their global presence
- Separate “promotional” and “marketplace” products from main feeds
- Create feeds for a subset of products associated with a promotion, season, sale or holiday-themed offer
- Create customised groupings, such as those containing high margin products or inventory intended for liquidation
At Rakuten Marketing, we understand that an affiliate programme needs to suit individual advertiser and business goals. That’s why the insights provided from our insights and attribution platform can help to inform how you structure your comissioning for the following:
- New vs. existing customers
- Voucher vs. non-voucher code use
- Full price vs. discounted items
Paid placement insights
The Paid Placement Insights (PPI) Interface within the advertiser dashboard is a new tool that provides advertisers and account managers with more transparency into placement performance. Through the PPI Interface, advertisers can log placements with publishers and the commission increases or flat fees associated, and get campaign specific reporting that looks at results and ROI for that placement
Tools for publishers
Automate instantly turns standard links into deep links.
Released in August 2016, Automate allows publishers to cut out the manual steps and automatically create commission-generating deep links from the URLs they publish. Automate allows publishers to setup several scripts, each with U1 value of their choice. ESI Media recently had great success with the tool and achieved a 200% increase in affiliate sales when they implemented the tool across their brand, The Independent.
We’ve recently launched Global Automate, a version of Automate now available to all international publishers.
Last year, we launched Curate, our product discovery tool where publishers can create product showcases from all of their approved advertisers and publish them to their website. Product highlights include dynamic filtering, customisations, and search box functionality.
Throughout the first half of 2017, we’ve made some updates to make Curate even better.
These updates include:
- The ability to auto fill and backfill showcases with dynamic or hand-selected content
- Call-to-action buttons such as ‘buy now’ can now be added to showcases
- Publishers are able to add a deep-linked product into showcases to include images or products not available through an advertisers product feed
- The Curate UI has also been translated into 5 languages including Japanese and allows publishers to set the currency and language they want to search for products in.
Bookmarklet is a browser extension that enables publishers to create tracked affiliate links without having to access the publisher dashboard. Web content editors can browse an advertiser’s own site and when they see a product they wish to promote, they simply create a deep link using Bookmarklet.
Bookmarklet even makes it easier for publishers to curate galleries or Pin items directly to Pinterest.
PayPal payments to help globalisation
We’ve been working diligently to help our clients expand beyond their borders and into new markets. To further facilitate expansion, we’re able to pay publishers in over 200 markets via PayPal.
If you’d like to find out more about Rakuten Marketing’s affiliate technology and products? Please reach out to our Rakuten Marketing account manager or firstname.lastname@example.org if you’re not currently on our network.